BENTAHAN.PH (“we,” “us,” or “our”) respects and takes the privacy of the users (“you”) of our website, mobile application (collectively, “Platform”) and services seriously. We are fully committed to complying and fulfilling our responsibilities under the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and other applicable rules, regulations, and privacy laws.
Collection of Data
During your access and use of our Platform, we may collect data and personal information about you which includes the following:
1. Personal information such as full name, birth date, e-mail address, password (collectively, “Registration Information”), address, contact number, and profile picture that you may submit to us when you sign up for an account with our Platform. When you Sign up for an account using third-party platforms Facebook or Google, we only collect user information of your account such as name and email address;
2. Information related to transactions that we will collect once you avail of purchases and services on our Platform, such as details of your order, details of product and services, billing information, shipping and delivery information, and payment method. We also collect the following when you make online payment transactions: GCash account number, credit or debit card brand, card number, card expiration date, and payment details (collectively, “Account Information”);
3. Other user activities on the Platform which are collected when you use the Platform’s functions and features, such as browsing and behavioral patterns, any online postings you publish in the Platform such as comments, reviews and other contents, and dispute records;
4. Information related to any of your communications with us through chat, electronic mail, social media platforms, phone calls, and letters. We also keep a record of any communications made through the platform such as online chats between user and any third-party;
5. The information or answers that you may provide to us when you participate in our surveys, any feedback, concerns, or any other information you submit to us for whatever reason; and
6. Data that is automatically collected by our servers once you access our Platform, such as IP address, browser type, operating system, time of access, and pages you view on the Platform. When you use our mobile application, it may also collect your device name, type, model, ID, and manufacturer.
Use of Data
The data and personal information that we collect from you will be processed, retained, and used for the following purposes:
1. Improve the operation of the Platform and Services;
2. Verify your identity and other information;
3. Verify your eligibility to access and use our Platform and Services;
4. Process your registration as user; create, manage and maintain your account with us;
5. Process your orders and transactions made through the Platform;
6. Verify and handle financial transactions for online payments, processing of which shall be made through our payment channel partners;
7. Deliver the product items you have ordered or purchased through the Platform;
8. Process your communications with us; facilitate communications between you and third-parties; respond to your queries; process feedback, claims, complaints, and disputes;
9. Send you marketing materials about products and services offered in our platform;
10. Notify you regarding any updates to the Platform and Services;
11. Perform research and analysis, conduct activities such as surveys and data analytics for the improvement of the Platform’s functionalities, content, design, and services; and
12. Research and Analyze user behavior to provide you a customized experience using the Platform, such as displaying contents and product offerings which are of your interests.
Disclosure of Data
The data and personal information we have collected from you may be disclosed under the following situations:
1. When carrying out administrative work, business operations, and the performance of our services to you, we will disclose your personal information to our authorized personnel on a need-to-know basis.
2. We may need to share your personal information to third-party service providers who may assist us in carrying out our services such as third party-party logistics partner for the delivery of the product items. We may also share your Account Information to payment partners for the purpose of processing of payments;
3. We may disclose your information to third party agencies for verification, fraud prevention or detection, or debt collection.
4. The online postings you make such as comments and other content that you publish on the Platform may be accessible and viewed by all users, and may be distributed by the public outside of the Platform; and
5. We may disclose your information in response to legal processes as required by applicable laws or regulatory requirements.
Storage and Retention of Information
1. The data and personal information we have collected from you will be stored in our database and system.
2. Our retention of your data and personal information shall only be for as long as it is necessary for its use. We will delete your data and personal information once it has served its purpose.
4. Upon the termination of your account, we will delete your data and personal information.
5. To the extent permitted by law, we may retain some information for legal purposes, fraud prevention, dispute resolution, and enforcement of our terms, conditions, and policies.
Security of Information
1. We have protective measures in place to secure your data and personal information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. We endeavor to keep the confidentiality and integrity of your data through the use of secured networks, data encryption, implementation of access control and activity monitoring. However, there are risks and we cannot guarantee the total security of your data and personal information. Be that as it may, we are committed to its protection and we will periodically review and update our technology and security measures.
2. Please note the importance of not sharing your password to anyone. This is to avoid compromising your account and personal information; and in order to prevent any unauthorized transaction.
3. Please review the privacy policies of third-party websites. We are not responsible and shall not be liable for their data privacy policies and practices.
Your access to Your Information
You may access, correct, and update the personal information you have provided to us; or object to its processing, subject to the exceptions permitted by law. Please e-mail us such a request at email@example.com.
Last Updated: May 6, 2021